Form & Practice are taking the following infection control steps in order to reduce the risk of transmissible coronavirus infection and to enable our existing clientele to feel welcome and comfortable in our clinic and classes.
The health of our clients, staff and community is our major priority and we believe that we can provide the safest possible workplace, treatment clinics and exercise spaces for our clients to continue.
A summary of the main new procedures and actions that we are undertaking are:
For Physiotherapy and Massage clients in clinic:
- Reducing congestion in reception areas by spacing out appointments by an extra 10 minutes, or asking clients to wait in their car before appointments until notified
- Introduction of Telehealth consultations for physiotherapy appointments,
- Hand sanitiser stations in entrances, reception, clinic rooms
- Staff education for regular hand washing and surface disinfection
- Removing glasses from water dispensing stations; clients to byo their own bottles
- Removing magazines from reception area
- Disinfectant/alcohol wipes or cleaning agents to be used on all clinic room surfaces frequently touched or used by clients after each treatment session (eg treatment bed, chairs, desk)
- Fresh towels to be used for every massage/myotherapy session
For Classes at both our Olinda and Mt Evelyn studios:
- Disinfectant/alcohol wipes or clean towel with detergent solution available at every station or machine, with clients being required to wipe down their machine after every session and dispose of the wipe or towel into bin or laundry hamper
- Increasing the distance between machines and participants where possible
- Single use towels for equipment wipe downs and for participants use each class
- Single use pillow slips for pillows used in any class
- Hand sanitizer stations at entrance, foyer and in studios
- BYO drink bottles to fill up from water stations
- Encourage at risk or concerned clients to participate in 1:1 sessions or 1:2 sessions with a family member or friend and instructor/physiotherapist
We also ask clients to please minimise touching display items, stock or other surfaces or materials within the clinic or studio unless necessary.
All staff and clients who have recently travelled to, or have had direct contact with any people who have travelled to, any of the countries listed by the Australian Government as ‘at risk’ should self isolate for 14 days upon their return from these countries. As of March 13th 2020 these countries are:
- Mainland China
- Republic of Korea
In addition, any staff member or client who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 – temperature over 37.5 degrees C, cough, runny nose – should present themselves to their local COVID-19 testing clinic and self-isolate until a negative test result is returned, or for 14 days if a positive test is returned.
If you have cold or flu like symptoms
If you have a fever
If you have visited any of the ‘at-risk’ countries in the last 14 days.
Please call our reception staff and we will reschedule your appointment or class for you.
Coronavirus Hotline 1800 020 080